19.3.18

New necklaces


Those who have been following my blog definitely know about my weakness for jewelry. Pieces in my collection are not really expensive, what attracts me is an interesting design or colours combination, stones or handcraft work. And today I want to show you new additions to my collection, necklaces only. And the first one is a glass necklace from Monsoon. This one was gifted to me by my daughter who obviously knows my taste well enough to chose a piece that I would love. And I do love it!

Unusual design glass necklace from Monsoon

The second is a necklace that I found in Belarus. It is made of variscite. It is a relatively rare mineral of green, blue green or yellow green colour that sometimes is confused with turquoise. Variscite is more rare and less common than turquoise, but because it is not as commonly available as turquoise or as well known to the general public, variscite tends to be less expensive than turquoise. Indeed, I had never heard of this stone until I spotted the necklace in the window of a jewelry shop in Belarus. Straight away I was attracted to its beautiful yellow green colour and the patterns caused by encrustations.

Yellow green variscite necklace


The next piece is an inexpensive ethnic metal necklace from India that I bought at the International Fair Trade. I have a weakness for ethnic stuff and the necklace seemed to me interesting enough to go into my collection. The pendant depicts Ganesh, a popular Hindu deity.

Ethnic metal necklace depicting Ganesh

It looks gorgeous against black fabric


The following three necklaces are from the same Nepali brand, Women's Creations. The first piece is an amazingly beautiful glass beads necklace. I love the work and the colours!

Hand made glass beads necklace


The last two necklaces are both in ethnic style, Tibetan if to be precise. The green one contains tiny agate stones as well as a few turquoise and large gold plated brass beads.

Tibetan style agate necklace with turquoise and gold plated brass beads

And finally, a turquoise, lapis lazuli and coral necklace with a central large pendant decorated with same stones. So beautiful!

Turquoise, lapis lazuli and coral necklace

I hope you enjoyed my little "exhibition" and perhaps it will inspire you to use necklaces more in your outfits.
Linking up with Visible Monday and Turning Heads Tuesday

Have a nice day!

You might also like



8 comments:

  1. Beautiful necklaces, Olga. Each of it unique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new necklaces go so well with your style Olga. They are all pretty and bold. I love that first one with the stunning gown. You look beautiful!

    Welcome by Thursdays to link up with me, my friend. Ada =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Olga! I love the styles, as they all have unique characteristics and are bold pieces. I especially love the first one with your purple dress1
    thanks for linking!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely accessorising Olga. I like your white dress assembly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Olga!
    I have a love for jewelry and stand out pieces too! I really love the ones you styled, the first has such great texture and color. The green is gorgeous and great with your red hair.
    Merry Christmas and thank you for linking!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow....!!!! Amazing collections. I just love all the pictures. Recently I bought a beautiful freshwater pearl necklace from Timeless Pearl which is looking very beautiful. By the way thanks for sharing this. I love to know more about jewelry in future. Keep Blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing content!! Top Tanzanite also provides you the best tanzanite necklace and they are also certified. Thanks keep posting.

    ReplyDelete